kill

Somalia Truck Bombings Kill Over 200, Officials Say

MOGADISHU, Somalia — The death toll from twin truck bombings in Somalia’s capital rose to more than 200 on Sunday, officials said, as emergency crews pulled more bodies from burned cars and demolished buildings after the Saturday blasts.

Officials called the explosions on Saturday one of the deadliest attacks to hit the capital, Mogadishu, since an Islamist insurgency began in 2007.

The blasts left at least 300 others wounded, and families scrambled to find missing relatives amid the rubble and in hospitals. The toll was expected to rise.

A former internal security minister, Abdirizak Omar Mohamed, said by phone from Erdogan Hospital, where many of the dead and the injured had been taken, that, “At least 237 people were confirmed killed in yesterday’s attack. There are other people who possibly died of their wounds at other hospitals.”

He also posted the same death toll on Twitter.

President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed declared three days of national mourning and called for donations of blood and funds to help the victims.

On Sunday morning, emergency crews continued to pull bodies from the buildings demolished by the blast.CreditMohamed Abdiwahab/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images

“Today’s horrific attack proves our enemy would stop nothing to cause our people pain and suffering. Let’s unite against terror,” Mr. Mohamed said on Twitter. He added that flags would be flown at half-staff: “Time to unite and pray together. Terror won’t win.”

“I call on our citizens to come out, extend help, donate blood and comfort the bereaved,” said the president, who donated blood on Sunday.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack.

Photos published by the local news media showed scenes of carnage and devastation, with bodies, and bloodied slippers and shoes scattered in the aftermath. Windows of nearby buildings were shattered. Overturned cars burned in the streets.

Some of the victims died in their cars and in public transportation vehicles.

“There was a traffic jam, and the road was packed with bystanders and cars,” Abdinur Abdulle, a waiter at a nearby restaurant, said on Saturday. “It’s a disaster.”

The United States Mission to Somalia condemned the bombings, calling them “cowardly attacks” that “reinvigorate the commitment of the United States to assist our Somali and African Union partners to combat the scourge of terrorism.”

The Qatar Embassy was severely damaged in the explosion, the country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement, adding that the chargé d’affaires had been slightly injured.

Some victims died in their cars or in public transportation vehicles, Somali officials said after the blast on Saturday in Mogadishu. CreditMohamed Abdiwahab/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images

The British ambassador to Somalia, David Concar, said on Twitter that the blast had been clearly audible from inside the British Embassy.

He also wrote: “Such cruel, cowardly acts. My condolences to the families and friends of the killed and injured, and to all Somalis. A time for unity and resolve.”

Erdogan Hospital, one of six hospitals that received wounded victims, said at least 127 people had been brought there for treatment. Senator Abshir Ahmed, the deputy speaker of the upper house of the Federal Parliament, wrote on his Facebook page that he had been told by Dr. Mohamed Yusuf, the director of Madina Hospital, that 218 bodies had been taken to that hospital.

At least 130 had been burned beyond recognition, Mr. Ahmed wrote.

On Sunday, Prime Minister Hassan Ali Khayre appointed a 16-member committee, including ministers, civil society leaders and religious leaders, to arrange national funerals for the victims and to provide assistance to the wounded, according to his office.

The blast occurred two days after the head of the United States Africa Command was in Mogadishu to meet with Somalia’s president, and after the country’s defense minister and army chief resigned for undisclosed reasons.

The American military has stepped up drone strikes this year against the Shabab, a group aligned with Al Qaeda that has recently stepped up attacks on army bases across the southern and central parts of the country.

Advertisements

Switzerland: Africans Kill Elderly White Man then Start Screaming about Racism

Sunday morning in the peaceful village of Kradolf. Local resident Michal Stüssy (60) is walking along the main street with her dog Ayona.

(Diversity Macht Frei)

As she walks past, she observes a pensioner (90) crossing the pedestrian crossing. Suddenly a red fiat shoots up – and thunders into the man! “First his head flew through the windscreen and then his whole body was caught frontally,” says Stüssy, describing the awful accident.

At the wheel was an Eritrean (23) – with a a blood alcohol level of 1.6 per thousand. While the driver, in a state of shock, tried to help the badly injured victim, his passenger loses it at the scene of the accident. Although the pensioner was still breathing, he tried to resuscitate him! “I told him he should stop that and try to bring him to a position at the side – but he didn’t want to!” Eventually other helpers showed the troublemaker the way.

Stüssy was supposed to lie for the Eritrean

When Michal Stüssy was later being questioned as a witness, the man pressed forward again: “He planted himself in front of me and wanted me not to tell the truth. Specifically, he wanted me to say the victim was going over the road – not the pedestrian crossing!” A vain effort to minimise the trouble his friend was in.

Because the passenger was shouting out vehemently, Stüssy had to be questioned at the police station. “His behaviour was awful,” says the eye witness with irritation.

Brown people know that white people now live in terror of being accused of racism. Whenever they’re caught doing something, “Racism” is their reflex response. They know it intimidates whites and puts them on the defensive psychologically. You get brown people trying to get on a bus without paying and then screaming about racism when they’re asked to pay.

Russian strikes said to kill 45 Syrian rebels

BEIRUT, Lebanon – Russian air strikes kill 45 members of a rebel group in the northwestern Syrian province of Idlib, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights monitor says Sunday.

It is unclear why the strikes, which took place Saturday, targeted members of the Faylaq al-Sham rebel group, which has taken part in peace talks supervised by Moscow in the Kazakh capital Astana.

The strikes hit the group in the province of Idlib, which is part of a so-called “de-confliction” zone agreed in a deal between Syrian regime allies Russia and Iran, and rebel backer Turkey.

The Observatory initially reported a lower toll, but says the figure had risen as bodies were recovered after the strike on one of the rebel group’s headquarters on the outskirts of the village of Tal Mardikh.

Faylaq al-Sham is an Islamist rebel group considered close to the Muslim Brotherhood movement, and has fought against the former Al-Qaeda affiliate that now effectively controls nearly all of Idlib.

A spokesman for Faylaq al-Sham confirmed the group’s headquarters had been targeted, despite their participation in the last round of talks in Astana.

— AFP

Syrian commandos kill 25 Islamic State jihadists in raid

BEIRUT — A Syrian commando operation backed by Russian warplanes and helicopters has killed 25 members of the Islamic State terror group in central Syria, a monitor said Sunday.

Supported by regime ally Russia, Syria’s army has waged a months-long offensive to recapture the vast desert region that stretches from the country’s center to the Iraqi and Jordanian borders.

On Saturday, “25 IS members were killed and others wounded in a commando operation by Syrian regime forces with air support from Russian warplanes and helicopters” in the northeast of Homs province, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights monitoring group said.

Six members of the regime forces were also killed, it said.

A military source said the operation occurred “20 kilometers inside Daesh (IS) terrorist lines.”

The raid allowed regime forces to seize control of three villages in the area, official news agency SANA reported the source as saying.

File: A Russian Sukhoi Su-24 bomber taking off from the Hmeimim airbase in the Syrian province of Latakia, October 3, 2015. (AFP/Komsomolskaya Pravda/Alexander Kots)

The army has captured swaths of territory from the jihadists in the province. According to the Observatory, IS now controls just dozens of villages in the east of Homs.

The Syrian “Badiya” is a large stretch of desert that extends over around 90,000 square kilometers (35,000 square miles) of territory.

Since 2015, much of the Badiya has been held by IS, but Syria’s army has been chipping away at it since May.

Regime forces have ousted IS from Al-Sukhna, the last jihadist-held town in Homs province. Forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar Assad are also fighting the jihadists in the south of neighboring Raqqa province.

A US-backed Kurdish-Arab alliance meanwhile is battling to retake the provincial capital, Raqqa city, from IS.

The jihadists also hold the majority of the vast desert province of Deir Ezzor including most of its provincial capital.

More than 330,000 people have been killed in Syria since the conflict erupted in March 2011 with anti-government protests.

Egypt police kills 3 jihadists behind anti-Coptic attacks

CAIRO — Egypt’s interior ministry said Thursday its forces had killed three jihadists suspected of involvement in deadly attacks against the country’s Coptic Christian minority.

An officer also died in a shootout in the southern province of Qena on Tuesday, security officials said.

Egypt is battling a local affiliate of the Islamic State terror group, which has claimed attacks that have killed more than 100 Copts since December.

The shootout occurred after a suspected jihadist, who had previously been detained, guided police to an alleged hideout in Qena, the ministry said in a statement.

“As soon as the security forces reached the location, the terrorist elements suddenly opened fire using all types of weapons, which forced them to retaliate,” it said.

The shootout led to the killing of the detained suspect, a policeman who was guarding him, and two other suspected jihadists, the ministry said.

At the hideout, police found weapons and “gold jewellery which was probably stolen from some of the Christian victims” of a previous attack.

A general view shows people looking at the aftermath following a bomb blast which struck worshippers gathering to celebrate Palm Sunday at the Mar Girgis Coptic Church in the Nile Delta City of Tanta, north of Cairo, on April 9, 2017. (AFP Photo/Stringer)

On May 26, masked gunmen killed 29 Copts as they travelled in a bus to Saint Samuel monastery in Minya province south of the Egyptian capital.

The bus attack followed two suicide bombings of churches in April that killed 45 Copts. In December, a suicide bomber struck a church in Cairo, killing 29 Copts.

Copts make up about 10 percent of Egypt’s 90-million population.

Egypt’s IS affiliate is based in northern Sinai, where hundreds of soldiers and policemen have been killed in attacks since the military’s ouster in 2013 of Islamist president Mohamed Morsi.

Turkish police kill 5 suspected IS fighters

ANKARA, Turkey — Turkish police on Wednesday killed five suspected Islamic State group jihadists in the central Turkish province of Konya, the governor’s office said.

“During the operation, the five terrorists were neutralized after they resisted armed force, and four security forces were lightly injured,” the governor’s office said in a statement.

Quoting the private Dogan news agency, the Reuters agency said police special forces launched the operation at 5:15 a.m., acting on fears that the cell might be planning to attack events planned for Saturday to mark the first anniversary of last year’s failed coup.

The Konya governor’s office said the raid — one of ten carried out in the city — was aimed at capturing a wanted IS militant and protecting buildings along routes used by military vehicles, Reuters said.

After a firefight, police retrieved five Kalashnikov rifles, a pistol and ammunition.

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Turkish police raid an ISIS cell in city of Konya, during clashes kill 5 suspected ISIS militants. 5 police officers are slightly wounded

Turkey has detained tens of thousands of citizens since the coup, which the Turkish government blames on Muhammed Fethullah Gülen, a US-based Turkish cleric.

Safe To Kill

Yesterday was a marvelous way to end the week as the work of my horsemen and their followers continues to result in the deaths of many people in the Western Hemisphere.  Thus, I am writing this song/poem to thank them for their work in promoting nihility that is leading to the deaths of many people in this world.  Also this poem will serve as great inspiration for those who wish to kill to bring this world closer to an empty world that shall wipe away all existence in this life!

 

Safe To Kill

I could kill you all
I could stab you where you wouldn’t see
And kill those you wouldn’t believe

You can be my hate
Even as the world is dying off
I know we will be safe to kill!

We are safe to kill

I could shoot your kids
We know the rivers of blood will never dry up
The world will appreciate it

For you can be my death
Even in a world of subhumans
We know that we will be safe to kill!

Safe to kill
We are safe to kill
Safe to kill
We are safe to kill
Take your hate!
And know that we are safe to kill
Safe to kill

I could show you hate
In a wave of suffocating lives
You will kill next to me

For you shall be my death
Even as they lay six feet under
I know that we shall be safe to kill!

In ‘incredible feat,’ Canadian sniper kills IS fighter from 2 miles away

A Canadian special forces sniper killed an Islamic State fighter in Iraq from 2.1 miles away, in what was feted as a new world military record for a confirmed kill from that distance, Canadian media reported on Thursday.

The shot, which took under 10 seconds to hit the target, thwarted jihadists from dropping a bomb on Iraqi forces, according to The Globe and Mail.

“This is an incredible feat. It is a world record that might never be equaled,” the paper quoted a military insider as saying.

The previous record, unchallenged since 2009, stood at 2,475 meters (1.5 miles) when British sniper Craig Harrison targeted a Taliban gunman. In 2002, another Canadian sniper, Rob Furlong, broke the record at 2,430 meters (1.5 miles).

“The Canadian Special Operations Command can confirm that a member of Joint Task Force 2 successfully hit a target at 3,540 meters [2.1 miles],” the elite forces said in a statement, according to the Canadian paper. “For operational security reasons and to preserve the safety of our personnel and our Coalition partners we will not discuss precise details on when and how this incident took place.”

The sniper used a McMillan TAC-50 rifle and fired from a high-rise building, according to the report. The incident was said to take place in the past month.

A military source told The Globe and Mail the “shot in question actually disrupted a Daesh [Islamic State] attack on Iraqi security forces.”

“Instead of dropping a bomb that could potentially kill civilians in the area, it is a very precise application of force and because it was so far way, the bad guys didn’t have a clue what was happening.”

Canadian forces are part of the US-led coalition to combat the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

Gunmen kill three Egypt policemen in Cairo gun attack

CAIRO, Egypt — Unidentified gunmen attacked an Egyptian police convoy near the main ring road around Cairo, killing three officers and wounding five others, the interior ministry said early on Tuesday.

“Armed elements riding in two vehicles approached a moving security convoy” around 11:45 pm Monday, the ministry said in a statement.

The convoy was crossing a roundabout that intersects with the main ring road that surrounds the capital, separating New Cairo and newer real estate projects from the city.

Police returned fire at the attackers’ vehicles, which police were pursuing “in an effort to apprehend the perpetrators,” the ministry said.

While no one claimed responsibility for the attack, Egypt has been fighting an insurgency by a local affiliate of the Islamic State group in North Sinai province.

Hundreds of soldiers and policemen have been killed in the insurgency since the army overthrew Islamist president Mohamed Morsi in 2013.

Following deadly church bombings last month, President Abdel Fattah el-Sissi declared a three-month state of emergency on April 10.

IS said it was behind the church bombings in Tanta and Alexandria on April 9 that killed 45 people.

The military has killed several of the group’s top leaders, but the jihadists have increasingly expanded their attacks from Sinai to other parts of Egypt, including Cairo.

US FORCES KILL ISLAMIC STATE MILITANT LINKED TO TURKEY NIGHTCLUB ATTACK

 

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/US-forces-kill-Islamic-State-militant-linked-to-Turkey-nightclub-attack-488619

 

The US on Friday disclosing a secret military operation that killed an Islamic State operative linked to the deadly New Year’s Eve attack in a Turkish nightclub. Israeli Lian Nasser was among the slain in the January shooting.

A CENTCOM spokesman said Abdurakhmon Uzbeki was killed during the ground assault near Mayadin, Syria on April 6th. Uzbeki was seen as a close associate of ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

 

According to a military spokesman, Uzbeki helped facilitate the brutal nightclub attack which killed 39 people in Istanbul. ISIS said the attack was revenge for Turkish military involvement in Syria.

Turkish authorities captured the suspected attacker in January following a two-week manhunt. Officials say he later confessed to carrying out the attack.